|Some of the children taking part in the 2014 Banogue parish production of “All Shook Up”. The production opens this weekend in Banogue hall|
|Bryan Horgan, Cian and Danny Harrold and Aaron Deane|
|Muireann McCann and Molly Crowley|
The Bruree Juvenile GAA Awards night will take place on this Friday, February 7th, in Bruree Community Hall from 7.00 to 9.00 pm. 2013 was a very successful year for the club and the County Under 13 and Under 16 Hurling medals presentation will be the centrepiece of the awards night. Admission is free and entertainment is provided by Brian O’Dwyer. Everyone is welcome.
The collection for the Parish Clerk in Bruree will be taken up on Sunday, February 16th. Your generosity would be greatly appreciated.
National Club Draw: The National Financial Management Committee of the GAA has been agreed to run a draw for Clubs to assist Clubs in their fund-raising. Bruree GAA will be promoters of this draw.
Tickets are just €10 each and Bruree GAA will retain the proceeds of all the tickets sold by the club. The draw will be held on St. Patrick’s Day 2014 and the final date for purchasing tickets is March 5th.
The draw prizes are as follows:
The draw prizes are as follows:
1. A trip for two (match tickets, airline tickets and accommodation) for the International Rules series in Australia in 2014.
2. The Ultimate Football package 2014 including All Ireland Football Final tickets, All Stars banquet tickets and airline tickets to Boston for the All Stars 2014 tour complete with hotel accommodation.
3. Two Corporate Box tickets for a concert of your choice in Croke Park in 2014 with pre-concert hospitality.
4. Travel voucher to the value of €1,500.
5. All Ireland Football Final package 2014 including Corporate Box tickets to the All Ireland Football Final with pre-match lunch and corporate hospitality and overnight accommodation for two nights (Saturday & Sunday x one room) in a Dublin hotel. Dinner for two in a top Dublin Restaurant on the Saturday evening is also included in this package.
6. All Ireland Hurling Final package 2014 (as per prize 5)
7. Shopping voucher to the value of €1,000 at a retailer of your choice.
8. All Ireland Football & Hurling Final package 2014 including Premium tickets for the All Ireland Hurling and Football Finals with overnight accommodation (one room) for one night for both weekends in a Dublin hotel.
9. Two Premium tickets for a concert of your choice in Croke Park in 2014.
10. A trip for two to New York for St Patrick’s Day 2015 which includes airline tickets and three nights hotel accommodation.
Club members have tickets for sale and members will also be calling door to door with tickets. Your support would be greatly appreciated.
Membership: Your membership subscription for this year is now due. Adult membership is only €20. Please pay Johnny Wall, John O’Brien or Sean O’Connr immediately so that you continue to enjoy the benefits of being a full member of Bruree GAA.
Rockhill and Bruree community hall are holding a table quiz on Friday, February 21st, in the Central Bar, Bruree. There is a prize for the winning team and a raffle on the night. Entry is €5 per head and all proceeds will be going to the continued renovation of the hall. All welcome!
Thank-you to everyone who made a donation and placed a message on the memories Christmas tree at the community hall's Christmas fair. A total of €115 was raised and donated to Edel Quinn House, Bruree.
Rockhill and Bruree community hall committee will be holding it’s AGM on Friday, March 7th, in the hall at 8.00 pm. Anyone wishing to get involved with the running and renovation of the hall is very welcome.
What a night of badminton we had in the hall when both our 4s and 5s took on the University of Limerick in the league. Our 4s continued their good run by winning 5-2 but our 5s lost out by the narrowest of margins, 4-3. The grade 4 team was Eileen McMahon, Eileen O’Shea, Elaine O’Dwyer, Margaret Deady, Danny Deady, Mike McCarthy and Frank Finn. The grade 5 team was Catherine Ford, Stephanie Conway, Rebecca Murphy, Brendan Hogan, David O’Brien and James O’Brien. On behalf of the club thank you to all our supporters who turned up in the cold and helped by cheering us on. Well done to all.
The Rockhill Bruree Defibrillator Association is currently looking for new members to join it’s group of volunteers in ensuring that the defibrillator service continues to be available in the parish. This is a very important facility which has a large and dedicated group of people who work on a voluntary basis to ensure that this vital piece of life saving equipment is available if and when it is needed. You could contribute to saving the life of a friend or neighbour. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, contact John Daly 087-2388924 or John Carey 087 2701771. Full training is provided and the ongoing time commitment involved is small but vital.
COMPUTER AND INTERNET TRAINING FOR BEGINNERS:
Irish Rural Link is again providing the Benefit 4 Basic Computer Training Programme to people all across Ireland. These courses will teach the basics such as how to turn on your computer, use the internet, shop and pay bills online, send and receive emails, use online government services, and contact friends and family on Skype etc. The courses are completed over 8 hours (4 x 2 hour classes) and cost €20 per person. Bruree-based computer training service, Mobile IT, in association with Ballyhoura Development, will deliver the courses at training venues across the Ballyhoura area from January to April this year.
The next courses in the Charleville area will run at Charleville Community Hall, as follows:
Active Aged (morning course): Starting Thursday 6th February 2014, 10.00 am-12.00 pm, and continuing on the following three Thursday mornings.
General Community (afternoon course): Starting Thursday 6th February 2014, 1.00 pm-3.00 pm, and continuing on and continuing on the following three Thursday afternoons. Farming Community (Evening course): At the Mobile IT Centre, Bruree, with times and dates to be confirmed.
To book your place on one of these courses now, please contact Ballyhoura Development on tel. 063-21008
Lucky dip winners in the Bruree GAA/Rockhill Rovers Lotto draw last week were €50 Jim O’Connor, Derawlin €25 Caithlin and Aine Murphy, Dublin, Patrick Sexton €20 Danny and Margaret Deady, Nora and Josephine Fitzgerald, Ted O’Donoghue, Kildimo.